AFGE 2017 Scholarship Essay Competition
AFGE Local 704 has established five $1000.00 scholarships to provide financial support to 12th grade high school students or college students who desire to excel in their educational career.
AFGE 2017 Scholarship Essay Competition application and information
William A. Lee Memorial Scholarship
The Chicago Federation of Labor will award 10 scholarships to high school seniors, valued at $2,000 each, to five winners of the Academic Competition and five winners of the Random Drawing. The funds may be used at any accredited college or university in the United States.
William A. Lee Scholarship information and application
Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund
Since 1986, FEEA has offered scholarships to more than 10,000 individuals, including providing nearly 200 scholarships to the children of federal civilian employees who died or were severely injured in the line of duty during the terrorist attacks on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, the Pentagon on 9-11, and the US Embassies and Consulates in Kenya, Tanzania, and Libya.
FEEA scholarship Information
2018 Scholarship Opportunities for our Members’ Children
Local 1 has a number of scholarships available for our members’ children. Scholarships are available to all High School Seniors:
SEIU Local 1 Scholarship – click Here to download the application or call 312-233-8756 to get application mailed to you. April 6th deadline.
SEIU Local 1 will award the following scholarships:
1. 15 – $2,000 scholarships
2. 1 – Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship award of $10,000
A complete application for a SEIU Local 1 Scholarship should consist of the following components:
- The application portion filled out by the applicant
- A copy of the applicant’s official transcript
- A Counselor Evaluation to be filled out by a counselor or teacher- click Here to download the Counselor Evaluation.
- Please attach a Letter of Personal Reference to this Application written for you by a teacher or other person in your life reflecting on your character and ability on a personal level.
- If specifically applying for the SEIU Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship, the applicant must write an essay of at least 600 words outlining their achievements in their community, their beliefs and why they believe that they are a future leader.