A well-written cover letter is imperative for any job search. Like this automotive technician cover letter example, yours should highlight some information about your personality, skills and experience within the industry. Use the example along with these do’s and don’ts to help you create your own excellent cover letter.
- Do make your cover letter distinct from your CV or resume. Use this space to add a unique and relevant fact that perhaps you couldn’t fit onto your CV.
- Don’t focus on what the company can do for you. Your goal is to show the hiring manager how you can benefit the company by showing you are experienced and a team player.
- Do provide some quantitative information. Numbers speak loudly to hiring managers by showing that you are able to get results.
- Don’t be too formal. Avoid using improper slang, but do be friendly and approachable. Formal wording seems robotic and may be considered insincere.
Automotive Technician Advice
Searching for a job as an automotive technician? The cover letter examples below can help you take the next step toward getting hired. To succeed in this job, you’ll need specialized technical knowledge, customer service skills, and an impressive cover letter. Use the cover letter examples below as a guide in building your own job-winning cover letter. Just click on any of the templates below to get started today.
Cover Letter Tips for Automotive Technician
If you want to find jobs as a Automotive Technician, you would use the same techniques that you would in other parts of the country. Your success will largely depend on your ability to take the right actions and create a plan. Try following some of the following tips the next time you embark on your search for work.
1. When you stay positive and optimistic, you can drastically increase your chances of success. No one likes to be unemployed, but it is important to remember that your situation is only temporary and that there are more opportunities available.
2. It is always important to have a plan, especially when it comes to finding a new job. Make a cohesive, step-by-step plan to locate and apply to new positions. If you find this too difficult, you may want to consider working with a career coach.
3. If you looking for work, you may want to consider increasing your online presence. Employers are increasingly turning to the internet in order to find new employees and talent.
4. The quality of your cover letter is exceptionally important during a job search. Try updating your cover letter so that employers will have the most current understanding of your skill set.
5. Unpreparedness can lead to a horrible interview, but by understanding what you are up against, you can boost your chances of landing the job. Practice responding to questions with a friend or family member.
Automotive Technician Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to writing a cover letter, there is no such thing as too perfect. No matter where you live, or what industry you work in, your cover letter will determine whether or not you land an interview. Read over these simple cover letter tips before you start looking for jobs as a Automotive Technician.
1. Always include your contact information somewhere near the top of your cover letter. This information should include your name, location, phone number, and e-mail address. Ensure that employers can contact you by only including a single contact number.
2. If you want to make your cover letter more readable and professional-looking, consider organizing your information with bullets.
3. No one wants to hire a dishonest employee, so it is best to tell the truth on your cover letter. If you do not, the false information that you provided will be exposed when the background check returns.
4. Never reveal your reasons for leaving your previous jobs. If an employer does not sympathize with them, you may not get the job. Only reveal this information if you are asked for it directly.
5. It is unnecessary to include jobs that were held more than 15 years ago. Employers want to hire workers who possess an up-to-date skill set. If you include older jobs, your cover letter may appear outdated or out-of-touch with current times.
Cover Letter Samples > Transportation Cover Letter Samples > Automotive Technician Cover Letter Sample
Automotive Technician Cover Letter Sample
An automotive technician cover letter sample shows you how to respond in writing to an ad for a job that requires the ability and training for fixing cars, trucks, buses, and other riding vehicles. Automotive technician cover letters should indicate your knowledge and experience in this field.
WARNING: Don't apply for another job without adding your own customized interview-getting "secret sentence" to the top of your cover letter...
Free Career Quiz Creates Your
"Secret Sentence" That Lands Job Interviews Like Crazy...
... 99.9% of all job seekers don't have a clue about this... not a clue! You're about to receive an unusual, eye-grabbing, fully "customized for you" secret sentence you can quickly add to the TOP of your cover letter... and it's free!
Are you a man or a woman?
900 Residential Avenue
Big City, USA 33333
August 17, 20--
Mr. Hank Darlington
Freedom Automotive Services
945 Freedom Road
Any Town, USA 99999
Dear Mr. Darlington:
CareerJimmy.com listed several openings in your company for automotive technicians. I'm interested in being considered for one of them. I've had five years of experience working on cars—with a specialty in foreign automobiles––for Carson Automotive in Big City. I am now interested in similar employment in Any Town and I'm aware of the fine reputation your company has established over the past decade.
I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to go over my credentials and to see if I am a good fit for one of the openings at Freedom Automotive. For more information about me and the results I’ve achieved in my previous employment as an automotive technician, please see my enclosed resume.
If you're available to get together please call me on my cell phone: 888-888-8888 to arrange a time. I appreciate your taking a look at my cover letter and resume. I hope to hear from you soon.