We hope our collection of UCAS Hotel Management personal statements provides inspiration for writing your own. Please do not plagiarise them in any way, or UCAS will penalise your application. Our Personal Statement Editing & Review Services are available if you feel you need a little extra help.
If you are applying to university in the USA, please visit Studential.com/us.
Hotel Management Personal Statement
Being thanked by someone for making their day after working a long, hard and stressful shift is the most rewarding feeling I have ever experienced. I want to spend my life creating a place for people to escape and made to feel special...
Hospitality Industry is one of the fastest-growing industries, whose great variety makes it very interesting area of working. I have never thought about the fascination and the opportunities which this industry offers until the day I started to work as a tourist manager assistant two years ago...
Hospitality Management Personal Statement
The experience I gained while travelling and staying in various hotels positively affected my final decision to choose the hospitality business as the industry to realize myself and work in. Since my childhood I have had an opportunity to develop myself both physically and intellectually...
Hospitality Management Personal Statement
Knowing that you have made someone happy is such a delightful feeling. This represents the main reason among others why I am attracted to the hospitality industry. Customer satisfaction is what makes a successful business and I want to spend my life creating an enjoyable place for people from where they are going to leave contented...
Hospitality Managment Personal Statement
Standing by the side of my dad, always looking over his shoulder when he opened his first restaurant, brought me into the world of hospitality. Unconsciously, I realized the importance of management by watching my dad plan every step or encouraging his employees...
International Hotel Management Personal Statement
The hotel industry is a vibrant and complex sector in need of well-trained employees. It is my goal to become one of them. My interest in tourism began when I was 13 years old – I was asked what my dream job would be, something I had not thought about until that moment...
Hospitality Job Resume Samples
Resume Examples - Hospitality, Chef, Waitress, Catering, Cook
Are you looking for a job in the hospitality industry? When you are writing a resume, it can be helpful to look at resume examples related to your job or career field. From there, choose the type of professional resume that best presents your skills.
While many hospitality industry employers use online applications, you may need to craft your own resume to send to others. Writing a resume will also help you to organize your information for entering into online applications.
Below, you'll find hospitality industry resume examples to review, including resumes for a chef, waiter, or waitress, as well as general hospitality resumes. Whether it's your first job, you are changing professions, or you want to polish your resume, these templates can help.
Hospitality Skills for Resumes
What skills should you emphasize in the hospitality industry? Before you begin to write your resume, consider your past employment and training and how those will make you a good candidate for other positions. For nearly any position in the hospitality industry, you'll want to emphasize the following skills on your resume:
- Customer service: Whether you're a housekeeper, server, or concierge, you'll need to greet customers with a smile and cheerful attitude, answer questions, solve problems, and otherwise demonstrate strong verbal communication and customer service abilities.
- Attention to detail: The little things matter in the hospitality industry - they're the difference between a great or mediocre review. Having a good memory and paying attention to details elevates service (and can also increase tips).
More:List of Hospitality Skills
Hospitality Resume Examples
Highlight the hospitality skills mentioned above on your resume. As well, take a look at the job requirements mentioned on the job description—reviewing these will help you understand what employers are looking for in candidates.
Chef/Cook Resume Examples
If you are applying for a position in the kitchen, take the time to review these skills for chefs.
Front of the House Resume Example
Here are waiter skills to emphasize on your resume. Plus, see more information on how to get a job as a waiter.
Student/Seasonal Hospitality Resume Examples
If you are a student looking for employment during school breaks, or you are looking for seasonal work, use these resume examples. Plus, here's advice on finding seasonal jobs.
Resume Types and Templates
You should also review the various types of resumes.These include functional, combination, and targeted resumes, as well as resume templates you can download to create your resume.
- Combination Resume: This format emphasizes your skills, then follows with a chronological list of employment.
- Chronological Resume: This format shows your experience by date.
- Functional Resume with Summary Statement: This format focuses on skills and experiences, and is useful when applying in a new industry or if you have gaps in employment history.
- Targeted Resume: If you want to emphasize your skills only for the type of position for which you are applying, this is a good format to use.
- Resume with Accomplishments Section: This resume is a good format to use when applying for a higher level position and you have achievements you want to emphasize.
- Resume With Skills Section: This resume will emphasize the training you have received and the skills you have used in previous jobs that are relevant to your current application.
- Resume Templates: A variety of templates you can use to build your resume.
- Resume Format: More information about the different sections of a resume.
- More Resume Examples: More free resume examples that fit a variety of employment situations.
Resume Writing Tips: How to Write the Perfect Resume for Your Job Hunt