Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?
When conducting academic research, identifying a topic is essential. It is vital for students to have the academic skills to identify areas that they can research on and present a quality report. Technological advancements such as the internet have made data and information on almost any topic available at the click of a button. However, when writing a custom essay, a student needs to get an interesting topic ideas. Further, a high school student needs to follow standard essay writing guidelines.
One of the most common essays written by high school students are argumentative and persuasive titles. These kinds of essays are common as they are used to highlight issues in the public domain. Therefore, while writing argumentative essays, a writer can take either sides of an arguments and chose to elaborate on their choices. However, some writers do not chose said, deciding to highlight both sides of the argument and let the reader come to an enlightened decision. The essay writer presents known facts and conjecture, both for and against the issue. This method of persuasive essay writing is common among high school students. Here are some essay titles and ideas for your paper:
50 Essay Topics for High School Students
In conclusion, these are some interesting examples / ideas of essay categories and persuasive essay topics for a high school essay that student can choose from. It is essential for a person to be able to classify essays to be able to follow the required format. While writing a particular essay, one needs to be able to get proper classification essay help and title ideas. Organizations have emerged that aid students in writing essays. It is crucial for a person to be able to identify the best classification essay services in the market.