120 Vyse Street
7th September 2013
Re: Banking Vacancy - Ref: A12345
Dear Mr Gordon,
I would like to bring my considerable experience and skills of the banking sector to your company.
In response to your advertisement on the Dayjob.com website, I am putting my name forward for your vacancy. The accompanying resume should serve to give you a good idea of not only my past achievements but also my future potential.
I would be a perfect fit for this position and would be more than able to meet your customers expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism of response. For the past three years I have been working for Andrews Banking Group, where I have gained a reputation for being accurate, honest and efficient in everything I do. I give all of my Banking customers a first class service whilst at the same time try to make them better off through our range of financial products.
On a more personal level I am self-motivated, positive and have an enthusiastic 'can do’ attitude. I have considerable knowledge of all the attributes that you are specifically looking for, namely; promoting a banks solutions, handling financial transactions, dealing with large cash deposits or with-drawls, and being able to work as part of a team. Added to this I possess the personal skills needed to establish and manage internal or external relationships, attract new Bank customers and deepen existing customer relationships. As a natural sales person I will also be able to contribute towards any branches service and sales targets.
I very much hope you will invite me for an interview, and I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to consider my application.
120 Made Up Street
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Banking cover letter examples
Banking Manager cover letter
Banking Consultant cover letter 1
Banking Consultant cover letter 2
Bank Cashier cover letter examples
Bank Cashier cover letter
Bank Cashier cover letter 1
Bank Cashier cover letter 2
Bank Cashier cover letter 3
Bank Cashier letter of enquiry
Bank Teller cover letter examples
Bank Teller cover letter 1
Bank Teller cover letter 2
Bank Teller cover letter 3
Banking CV examples
Investment Banking CV
Personal Banker example
Personal Banker resume
Investment Banking courses
More cover letters
Cover letter examples
Cover Letters for Bank Jobs
Banking jobs are growing, and they are considered as respectable occupations in the society. The definition of banking these days has changed entirely. Now it is more than an institution where you can deposit or withdraw money. Banks have widened its horizon with the growing needs of economy. They have taken financial transaction to a new level whereby they offer advice to clients in investing their money. A new term called “Investment Banker” must be falling to your ears quite often. These are the positions that take your money and invest in projects that offer high returns on your money. No job in the banking field is regarded menial, and the staffs are commonly referred as “Banker.”
To have a banking job, one has to get training either in finance, accounts or management depending on the field of interest. However, since these jobs are popular, competition is very extreme. Therefore, with experience and qualification, you will require a good banking resume cover letter. An impressive cover letter could attract the employers' attention and help the job seeker in getting qualified for an interview. The following helpful tips will guide you in writing a banking cover letter.
Tips to write a resume cover letter
- There are many positions available in banks ranging from cashier, teller, loan officer, manager, financial counselor, investment banker, branch manager, etc. Make the cover letter specific to the position applied. This means you must add duties and responsibilities the particular job entails.
- If you cannot decide where to start and what to add, start outlining your skills. For example, a loan officer have to be good in mathematics and calculate all types of interests applicable on loan such as cumulative, flat, and recurring. He or she must also have a good eyesight to avoid any mistakes while adding or deleting numbers.
- After outlining and collecting enough details, focus on the cover letter format. Since banking jobs are serious, you must ponder on this aspect very keenly. Refer to the cover letter samples from banking industry and try to get a gist of it. Basically, a cover letter has three sections – introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
- Pay attention to your tone. There is no room for casual or cocky tone in the banking cover letter. The HR manager will skim and skip through your letter as if he is in a hurry to catch a train. Include only relevant stuff. You can add financial words and jargons that are common in the banking sector. The employers must feel that you understand money not in cash form only, but in other forms as well such as mortgages, certificates of deposit, redemption, and anything the particular job position entails.
- Highlight and focus on your skills. Since banking is a service sector, you can add prior experience in customer service and job involving financial transaction. For example, you may be a cashier working in a restaurant where you are handling cash transaction, and payments through credit and debit cards.
- Let your people skills flow throughout the letter. You must show the employer that you are a trustworthy and responsible person, including your capability of convincing clients to invest in your bank.
- Don't let the readers think “Oh God, when can I finish this cover letter?” Hence, maintain the length to one page only. Furthermore, rectify grammatical and typo errors.
Apply these tips while writing a cover letter to get an edge over others.
Checkout our sample cover letters for banking jobs:
- Teller Resume Cover Letter
- Sample Banking Resume Cover Letter 1
- Sample Banking Resume Cover Letter 2
- Actuary Cover Letter
- Bank Accountant Cover Letter
- Bank Manager Cover Letter
- Bank President Cover Letter
- Bank Vice President Cover Letter
- Banker Cover Letter
- Banking Center Manager Cover Letter
- Bank Administrative Cover Letter
- Sample Teller Resume Cover Letter 1
- Sample Teller Resume Cover Letter 2
- Bank Teller Cover Letter
- Debt Collector Cover Letter
- Bank Examiner Cover Letter
- Personal Banker Cover Letter
- Head Teller Cover Letter
- Investment Banking Intern Cover Letter
- Tax Preparer Cover Letter
- Investment Advisor Cover Letter
- Investment Banking Analyst Cover Letter
- Private Banker Cover Letter
- Loan Officer Cover Letter
- Verifier Cover Letter
- Mortgage Broker Cover Letter
- Mortgage Processor Cover Letter
- Underwriter Cover Letter